Starry Bright Sky Sundays (1) Inspiration


Last week I announced the Starry Bright Sky QAL and many people subscribed to the mailing list and they seem to be excited about this event!!

Even if the QAL will start in 2018, I decided to start a series of post (every 2 weeks, on Sunday) to reveal bits and pieces of the events, so that I can get your feedback and we can get more excited about it!!

I will announce sponsors, featured techniques, color scheme options, layouts, and much much more! There are several special things that I've never seen in other QALs before so I hope you will find them intriguing, inspiring and a learning experience!!

I am working on different layouts, different colorways, sponsors and giveaways, etc. It is going to be extra fun!

If you are interested in learning more about this QAL and join the fun, leave your email address in the Google Form in the QAL page at this link.


And now, for today post...


My inspiration for the event is this famous painting by Vincent Van Gogh - The Starry Night

I loved this painting since the first time I saw it in highschool...
  • it was part of my exam at the end of highschool (the professor asked me to comment and describe this painting... he said that to him it looked like "the stars are dancing", which I think it's a good description of the look and feeling that this painting create)
  • I have an umbrella with the painting as the main motif
  • I have a pair of socks depicting that painting
  • I have a laptop cover with that painting
  • I created a mini quilt (Vincent) that travelled all around US in the AMB Tiny Quilt Challenge Exhibition and it depicted a reinterpretation of this painting

So... I guess that you can understand that I absolutely love this painting :)

The interesting thing is that stars are a very traditional quilt block too... and there are so many styles and variationss and techniques to make them... and so many people love star blocks... so I am surprised that the idea for this QAL came to me only now :) :)

While I will share different color schemes, to show how versatile the blocks of the QAL can be, I will make mine in blue and yellow... it will be super scrappy and with extra "surprises" that will embody the spirit of the painting in ways that I hope you will all enjoy. Sorry, I cannot share more than this for now :)

Remember to join the mailing list in the Google Form if you don't want to miss out on future posts!

Until next time,
Happy Stitching!!


Remember: all the details about the series are collected in the QAL web page.

4 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait for your new QAL!! The star in the upper left on your picture is amazing!!! Of the four stars you've shown us, that one blows my mind!!! You're really going to make us wait till January????? I'm not sure I can manage that!! :-) LOL I'll try, but that's the best I can do.... Vivian wvoaks @ comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been my favorite painting since I was a little kid :) can't wait to do this! Cassie Dancause charmedcassie1978@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo excited and am already thinking about different colour schemes, like black and a jewel tone, or just black and white. Purple and green or maybe red and green!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic to hear!! I will show few color combinations and I will also give you all a coloring page to try out your own!! :) I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!!

      Delete

I love to connect with all of you wonderful people!

Feel free to ask questions, leave feedback or just say hi!
Comments are moderated, and I answer each and every comment!
So please don't be shy, let me know how I can help!